The Adolphus Afternoon Tea, A Cherished Dallas Tradition
Please note that tea will not be served in July and August 2015.
“There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.”
- Henry James, Portrait of a Lady
The English tradition of afternoon tea has charmed Adolphus guests for generations. The imperial elegance of the hotel's Lobby Living Room provides the perfect setting for chatting with friends, relaxing with colleagues, or simply adding a little romance to your day. On the menu are beautifully prepared finger sandwiches, scones, and confections. Rich and flavorful international teas complement the afternoon tea fare. A classical pianist plays the hotel's 1893 Steinway, which once graced the home of the Guggenheim family in New York.
Afternoon tea is served Friday through Sunday, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Reservations are required. The last seating is at 3:30 p.m. There are no seatings at 4:00 p.m. or later.
- Spice and fruit unite in this herbal mélange composed of energizing matè tea, mint, rose petals, apple, pineapple chunks, star anise, lemongrass and cloves that refresh and revitalize.
- Orange slices, jasmine blossoms and other fruits blended with Ceylon and China black teas. A dark, rich, spirited cup. Superb as a compliment to chocolate and cream based desserts.
- Washington State pears blended with Ceylon and China black tea and sweet caramel.The perfect after dinner dessert tea or afternoon treat.
- Smoked Turkey with Tarragon Dijonaise on Whole Wheat
- English Cucumber with Boursin Cream Cheese on Housemade White
- Fresh Mozzarella with Vine Ripe Tomato, Balsamic Reduction and Fresh Basil
- Curried Chicken Salad on Mini Croissant
- English Scones with Devonshire Cream and Strawberry Jam
- Chef’s Selection of Assorted Miniature Pastries, Treats and Confections
- Assorted Chocolate Truffles
For reservations, please call (214) 742-8200, extension 3174.
Seatings begin at 2:00 p.m. The last seating is at 3:30 p.m. There are no seatings at 4:00 p.m. or later.
Afternoon Tea is $42.00 per person,
inclusive of gratuity. Parking is not included and will be $5 per car.
Sliced seasonal fruit is served to those on restricted diets. Please let the reservationist know of any allergies or special requests.
Reservations for “O Christmas Tea!” are taken each fall beginning on October first.